The value of a FirstSearch/WorldCat Discovery subscription
Join this 60-minute webinar to learn how this subscription provided by The Kentucky Virtual Library (KYVL) delivers tools and access to the world’s largest library catalog, WorldCat, to the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
• Access to WorldCat, the world’s most comprehensive database of information about library collections, through two interfaces.
• Precision searching required by library staff and expert searchers in FirstSearch to quickly identify known items and resources on nearly any topic.
• General searching of WorldCat and a broad central index of licensed content collections through WorldCat Discovery, to help people find resources in all formats and languages in your library and thousands of libraries across the state or around the world.
• The ability to get needed items with availability details for items in your library’s library collections, links to online resources, and user-initiated ILL requests for items not available locally.
• Visibility on the web from WorldCat.org, search engines, and popular websites such as Wikipedia, EasyBib and Google Books, where users typical start their searches, if your collections are also represented in WorldCat through an OCLC Cataloging and Metadata subscription.
Event Number: 649 325 236
United States Toll Free
Access code: 649 325 236
- Wednesday, October 30, 2019
- 10:00am - 11:00am